Our family tradition is to make cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve and have brunch with the family on Christmas Day. We have shared a lot of fun memories over the years and I thought I would add to our festivities by creating a hot chocolate and coffee bar for the family.
Creating a Hot Chocolate and Coffee Bar is quick and easy! You probably have most of the things you need in your cabinet! You can find all of the things you need at your local grocery or dollar store. Here are the simple steps:
- Pull out all of those mugs from you cabinet that you never get a chance to use!
- Pick up a few boxes of single serving hot chocolate mix, coffee pods, or brew a pot of coffee. Also make a pot of hot water for the hot chocolate mix.
- Add marshmallows, peppermint sticks, whip cream, chocolate chips. sugar, creamer, and/or any other items you like to add to your beverage.
- Place everything in a tray and in small labeled containers. I got my clear plastic jars at Dollar Tree and chalk labels at Michael’s. You can also hang a chalkboard sign to highlight the beverage area. I grabbed this sign from my daughter…I believe she got it at Michael’s.
- You can also buy Snowman Marshmallow Peeps from the 99 Cent Store. They float on top of your hot chocolate and make a nice melting snowman treat! They sell pricey marshmallow snowmen at Williams Sonoma but, the one buck Peeps from the 99 Cent Store work just as well, LOL!
You can pick up a box of donuts or croissants to add a tasty treat. You can also set up everything the night before so you are ready for Christmas morning! This hot chocolate and coffee bar can also have tea or juice if you prefer. This beverage station would be perfect for any brunch or family gathering! I usually keep my coffee supplies out and ready year-round. It is great to have a coffee station ready to start your day!
I hope you have enjoyed this post and that you are enjoying your own family traditions. Please continue to follow my blog in the coming year. I have fun fashion, recipes, and party ideas ready to go! From my
crazy family to yours…Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
Stay busy being fabulous,