I love when the weather cools off and I can start making delicious soups! I am always looking for quick and easy soup recipes, so I was so glad when my sister-in-law shared this recipe for an easy white bean parmesan spinach soup! This soup is tasty and dinner will be ready in 15 minutes! You can keep it light and simple with just the white beans or you can add Italian sausage to make a yummy meaty soup! Checkout my video for a quick demonstration. Complete recipe is below.
Stay busy being fabulous,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth (or stock)
- 1 (15 ounce can) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (15 ounce) cans of white beans or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups baby spinach (about 6 oz)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Optional- you can add a package of Italian sausage. Cook with the onions and garlic
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until the onion becomes translucent and garlic is fragrant. (About 3 minutes). Stir in the broth, tomatoes, sugar, parmesan cheese, Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to combine flavors.
- Stir in the white beans and spinach, continue to simmer until spinach starts to wilt. (About 2 minutes) Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, serve immediately.