One of the things I love about fall is baking! The smell of apples and cinnamon baking in the oven is the perfect way to start the fall season! My family has been making this easy Apple Cinnamon Crisp recipe for years. It is still my daughter’s favorite dessert! Follow the step by step recipe below for the perfect fall dessert and watch my video to see how it all comes together, enjoy!
- 4 medium cooking apples (such as Granny Smith or Rome Beauty)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- Ice cream, if you desire
You can bake this recipe in a 8×8 square pan or use oven safe ramekins as I did in the video!
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut out the apple core and seed, peel and cut up apples ( you will need about 4 cups for the pan)
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over the apples then pour the water over the apples.
- Put the flour, granulated sugar, and softened stick of butter in a medium bowl and mix with your hands until it forms a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle crumble mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are soft and topping is golden brown.
- Serve with Ice Cream, if you like.
Stay busy being fabulous,