Restaurants can be so overpriced and overcrowded on Valentine’s Day, so I thought it would be nice to share some fun ideas to do besides going to dinner! In honor of February 14th, here are 14 things to do on Valentine’s Day beyond dinner!
- Take a cooking class together! Several years ago, the hubby and I took a cooking class on Valentine’s Day and it was so fun! There were several other couples there and it was great learning to cook together and then sharing our romantic meal!
- Go on a gondola ride! I have always wanted to do this! (Hint, hint, Honey, smile) There is the one at Venice Beach, there is one in Long Beach, and there is one at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas or you can go to Venice, Italy of course!
- Tour a chocolate factory! Nothing says Valentine’s Day like chocolate! So why not see how gourmet chocolates are made and enjoy a sweet treat at the end! There is the MAST Brothers Chocolate Factory in DTLA that offers tours daily. Link to MAST Chocolate factory, here.
- Go on a double-bike ride! This is a fun way to get in a little exercise and spend time together! You can rent a double bike at most local beaches.
- Take a dance class! Yes! I would love to take a Salsa class! My husband and I love to dance so I think a class together would be a lot of fun!
- Get a Room! Check-in to a local hotel and meet at the bar like strangers! A little staycation is always a great idea!
- Pack a picnic and go on a long drive- I love picnics! My husband and I have gone on several! One cool place to have a picnic is at the Malibu Winery! You can bring your picnic basket, buy a bottle of wine there, and they usually have live music. It is an outdoor venue so check the weather forecast!
- Throw a progressive dinner party with a few other couples. Here is how it works: Everyone starts at one couples’ house for appetizers. Then you go to the next couples’ house for the main course. Finally, end the evening at the last couples’ house for dessert. How fun is that!
- Do a couples paint and sip- We had so much fun doing this over the summer! We made a painting that connected together and had so much fun with other couples. The event was hosted by Covenant Connections. There is also a local artist that I have worked with in the past that will host a paint and sip at your home. Art by Kali, link here.
- Go ice-skating! There is the Toyota Center in El Segundo, they offer ice-skating year-round.
- Go bowling! Bowling centers are pretty fancy now! They usually have glow-in-the-dark bowling nights and a great party atmosphere!
- Go to a comedy show! There is nothing like a great laugh! There are several comedy clubs in Hollywood and surrounding areas. It would be fun to do on a double date as well!
- Go see a screening of a classic romantic movie. Several theaters run old romantic movies on Valentine’s Day weekend. You could also see a play at a local theater company.
- Visit a museum! I love museums and there is a great Diamond Exhibit at the Natural History Museum here is Los Angeles. Hey, if you don’t receive diamonds on Valentine’s Day at least you can go see them on display, LOL! Link to Natural History Museum, here.
I hope this list gives you some ideas of things to do with your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day! Share some of your ideas of things to do on Valentine’s Day in the comments, I’m always looking for new ideas to keep it fresh, fun, and romantic!
Stay busy being fabulous,