My Best Ever Bruin Breakfast Burritos
We are true UCLA Bruins fans! My husband and I are both alumni and our dear friends are too! So we love to attend the football games and, of course, tailgate!!
Sometimes when the games start in the afternoon, we arrive pretty early and have breakfast! One of the things I like to make is what I call my Best Ever Bruin Breakfast Burritos! They are easy to make, easy to pack, and delicious! Follow these simple steps to make the best breakfast burritos every time!
Ingredients: Turkey sausage crumbs, Burrito size flour tortillas, eggs (about one per person), shredded hash brown potatoes, cheddar or your favorite cheese blend, a bell pepper, one onion, taco seasoning and salsa.
- Cook your hash browns according to package instructions. I cook the whole bag in two batches to make about a dozen burritos.
2. Saute your bell pepper and onion in a little vegetable oil.
3. Add the turkey sausage-they come fully cooked.
4. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of taco seasoning to taste.
5. Set sausage mixture aside.
6. Scramble your eggs and set aside.
7. Warm up your tortilla and cheese in the microwave for about 35 seconds
8. Time to assemble the burrito.
9. Add a small scoop of everything. A little goes a long way!
10. Wrap them up burrito style!
11. If you are taking them to go, wrap them in wax or parchment paper first so that the tortilla will not stick then wrap in foil. This will keep them nice and warm for quite a while.
12. If you are not taking them to go. Add your salsa, a bit more cheese, and enjoy!
Yummy! I hope you have enjoyed this easy recipe! Now let’s get ready for some football!
Stay busy being fabulous,